Relieve Parkinson's Symptoms
The Tampa YMCA is proud to offer the Pedaling for Parkinson's program at the Bob Sierra Family Y, North Brandon Family Y and South Tampa Family Y. Classes are offered as 8-week sessions to those suffering from Parkinson's disease.
Pedaling a bicycle may change the life of someone with Parkinson's disease. Research conducted at the Cleveland Clinic showed a 35% reduction of symptoms by the simple act of pedaling a bike at a rapid pace. While fast pedaling is not a cure for Parkinson's disease and should not be touted as such, there is compelling evidence to show that it does make a real difference for many who try it.
What to Expect
The classes are driven by fast-paced music, and participants at every level are offered the challenge of improving their performance on an ongoing basis. Participants share a common bond in a socially supportive environment.
- Free participation in first 8-week session
- Cycling instructor with Parkinson's knowledge leads each session
- Care partner participation is encouraged, but not required
- Fun, supportive environment
- Bob Sierra Family Y: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 11am
- North Brandon Family Y: Mondays & Fridays at 10:30am
- South Tampa Family Y: Mondays at 11:30am and Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:15am
*Classes and class schedules may be impacted by COVID-19.
Check out the Group Exercise Schedule for the most up-to-date times, locations and other group exercise classes.
Visit our Welcome Centers or contact Nancy Belli (South Tampa) at email@example.com or Carolyn Jones (Bob Sierra) at firstname.lastname@example.org.